Friday, January 22, 2010

To the Zoo


River of Swans


Seahorse Pair


Tree Sunning

Even though the days are slowly getting longer, it will be many, many weeks before the sites and smells of warming earth, fresh Spring rains, and lush green growth will appear here at the tip of Lake Superior. With a large ice storm threatening on the horizon, and tempting updates from cousins sun basking in Hawaii, I am longing for the golden sun, deep blue skies, clear flowing waters, and lush green growth.

My only hope for now is to immerse myself in images taken on a trip with children and grandchildren to the Minnesota Zoo a few summers ago. To think back now on the movement of delicate Seahorses and Seadragons, the rushing sound and salt smell of the indoor tidal pool where star fish live, white swans bathing in a river of green speckled by warm rain drops, and dolphins swimming in a pool of blue. Ahhhhh. I believe this is where I will linger a little. ~ You are wlecome to join me ~

1 comment: