Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dappled Arabian

~ Dappled Arabian ~


Fresh off of the drawing table.

I wonder if other artists have the same issue? I've come to realize if I take a "short" break from creating art, that short break may become quite long!

This sketch had been sitting on paper as a line form drawing for more than two years, waiting to become a color painting. I finally put myself into the chair at the drawing table to take a break from my "break", and work on some graphite aceo's (2 1/2" x 3 1/2" art cards, editions, and originals). To limber up I decided to work on this little piece in graphite first.

There are times I have a very clear picture of what the art will look as when complete, then there are times I let the piece create itself. Other than the line form that lay dormant for over two years, "Dappled Arabian" was the art that created itself.
 

~ Wishing you a wonderful day! ~
:0) 


Sold


 

No comments:

Post a Comment