Wednesday, February 21, 2018

~ From 2D To 3D ~



~ Little Dun Foal ~

~~~~~

I have taken my art into the 3D realm.
For a little over 2 years now I have taken up the hobby
of model horse showing. Each horse I had in my show string
were models that had been factory finished. And I love it!

But there was another dimension that intrigued me...
 the art of the customized horse.
The horses that artists repaint, and possibly reform.

So not long ago I took the plunge,
bought new brushes, some pan pastels,
and went to work on little models I had 
had in my collection for years.

The Little Dun Foal above is one of my first recolors.
The little palomino foal in the background was what she
looked like before,
and the dun foal in the front is her after.

I am thoroughly enjoying the process of customizing these little horses, and am hooked!
My upper desk now is covered with a herd of
mares, foals, and stallions, 
either waiting for a new look, or are in the process.

Artwork in a new dimension!

Now...to investigate and experiment resculpting...

~~~~~~~~~

~ Wishing you a wonderful whimsical day! ~
:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment