Wednesday, January 7, 2015

" Blue Eyed Pinto " ~

 ~ Blue Eyed Pinto ~

When I decided to draw this 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" ACEO illustration "Blue Eyed Pinto" I realized
it has been over 40 years since the last time I had created a horse with plenty of "chrome".
Even then, there were not many.

I can think of only two others, both when I was in my earlier teens.
The first was an oil painting of a Native American Paint Horse pulling a travois across the plains,
the second was of a beautiful chestnut and white pinto rendered in oil pastel on velour paper.

I'm not sure why most of my art has gravitated to the solid colored equines with white only appearing on their faces or feet.
Hmmmmmmm...these paints and pintos are rare indeed!

~~~~~~~

~ Wishing you a wonderful whimsical day! ~ 
:0)

2 comments:

  1. Love this one Dale Ann!

    Wanted to tell you how much I loved your calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Gail! And I'm so very glad you enjoy the calendar! :0)

    ReplyDelete